While CAN DO is not a training provider or employment agency, we can point you to local organizations that do a great job offering employment-related services.
The PA CareerLink® Luzerne County provides services to employers in various businesses and industries. Through a “one-stop” approach, employers can contact the PA CareerLink® for assistance with any workforce development needs.
Some of the services that PA CareerLink® offers to help you build your business are:
- Job posting, job matching and web-based recruitment
- Prescreening and assessment of applicants to ensure they meet your job description and skills qualifications
- Referral of qualified job seekers
- In-house, regional, and specialized job fairs
- Providing employers with interviewing rooms and administrative support
- Employment services for job seekers
- Information on training providers and specialized training programs
- Training based on labor market demands
- Reimbursements to employers for On-the-Job Training
The PA CareerLink® focuses on employment issues and will work with you to recruit the workforce your business needs to be competitive. They are committed to helping secure and train the skilled workforce that employers need. By using their services, you save time and operate more efficiently.
Luzerne/Schuylkill Workforce Investment Board, Inc. is a federally funded program made available through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA) in partnership with the local Workforce Investment Board (WIB), the Pennsylvania CareerLink offices, and the Luzerne County Board of Commissioners. Its intent is to promote employment opportunities for WIA-eligible customers in need of program assistance. Individuals are screened for eligibility based on criteria such as income guidelines (youth and adult) and dislocated worker status (based on plant closures and permanent layoffs). *contingent upon available funding.
Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce
The Greater Hazleton Chamber of Commerce offers a wide range of informative and educational seminars and trainings throughout the year.
Manufacturers & Employers Association
The Northeast Pennsylvania Manufacturers and Employers Association (MAEA) provides information and services to help member companies remain competitive in today’s business world. The services include legislative grassroots efforts, roundtables, networking events, trainings, consulting, group programs, regional wage and national benchmarking surveys and value-added free services to their member companies.